The lead up to Christmas at Titanic Spa is magical. With our location at the foot of the Pennines in West Yorkshire, it’s not unusual for us to have a sprinkling of snowflakes at this time of year which makes our spa even more welcoming and cosy.
Throughout December we’ll be welcoming our guests with a glass of mulled wine and mince pies, underwater Christmas carols in our pool and a wide choice of relaxing and party preparation treatments. We also have our shop bursting to the brim with gift ideas so our guests can shop and spa with ease.
For the first time we decided to go all out with our Christmas decorations and have launched a Jingle Bells spa break package with the opportunity for guests to sleep in our Christmas grotto apartment. Not only is it decked with plenty of boughs of holly and mistletoe but our guests can look forward to lots of sparkle in the form of decorations, lights, Christmas trees, presents and even the odd friendly reindeer! The girls and I keep peering in as it looks so exciting!
Warming treatments combined with the Mud Chamber and Titanic Heat and Ice experience prove popular at this time of year. There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting in a warm room, infusing your skin with all the goodness of organic mud. It’s also a really sociable experience so a good one to share with friends
When choosing treatments, popular choices are relaxing massages and hydrating or anti ageing facials for the party season. With the fast paced life we all live, de stressing is important and there’s nothing more rewarding for our therapists than to work out those muscle knots and see our spa guests depart looking radiant and relaxed. Keeping relaxed though isn’t always easy so to help anyone who’s feeling a little under pressure, here are my spa tips:
1. The scent of an essential oil can have an immediate uplifting or relaxing effect on both body and mind. Try a few drops of geranium or lavender oil in the bath and feel the difference.
2. On the subject of scent, burning a lovely candle can turn a cold room into a warm and inviting one, creating a special atmosphere. At this time of year, one of favourite NEOM home candles is the Pine, Cedarwood & Eucalyptus which transports you to forest trails and appeals to both men and women.
3. Breathe deeply. Most of us forget to breathe properly when under pressure so restrict the amount of oxygen we need. Taking some deep breaths helps to relieve tension and bring clarity of mind.
4. To relieve a headache, find the pressure point on your hand and massage. Align your thumb next to your index finger to find the raised area, just above the webbing. Using your other thumb and index finger, press down hard.
5. Find some ‘me’ time. Lots of people feel they have to be rushing around doing everything for everyone. It’s important to take time out to enjoy some peaceful time alone to clear the mind and enjoy the moment for what it is.
Wishing everyone at NEOM and all our spa visitors a very Happy Christmas.