Last week writer and clean eating expert Calgary Avansino told us how to make the Healthiest Chocolate Pudding in the World. And it tasted good. So for this blog post we asked for her advice on how to feel happy and stay positive in 2014, too.
1. Aim to move your body more! However often you already enjoy physical activity – up your game. Try walking to meetings, hitting the gym with a friend one extra time per week, or giving a new exercise class a go. It is so important to vary our exercise routine – our bodies get lazy if we always present them with the same challenges. So this year aim to sweat more often, in new ways.
2. Make Sunday your prep – day. Set aside a few hours every Sunday to make a vegetable based soup or a pasta sauce that you can use a few different times throughout the week, chop veggies to have as snacks with hummous and wash your lettuce so it’s ready to use at a moment’s notice. No excuses then!
3. Stock your car, desk, and bag with healthy, energy-filled snacks that will sustain you. That way you won’t be as tempted to reach for the unhealthy option when it presents itself.
4. Order a veggie delivery box and start observing Meatless Mondays. Eating more plants is one of the best things you can do for yourself this year.
5. Clear your mind of “can’t” – our thoughts are a powerful force, so use them to your advantage. Think happy…..be happy!