Being fans of local sourcing and fresh, healthy food, we’ve been scouring the amazing (local-sourced-ingredient) recipes from Hello Fresh. They deliver all the required fresh ingredients along with inspiring new recipes direct to your door.
Tonight we are cooking this Butterflied Mexican Chicken with Homemade Beans
- 1 Hass Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle
- A splash of Tabasco
- 2 Chicken breasts
- ½ cup of coriander
- 1 red onion
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Can organic mixed beans
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees. Chop the peppers, coriander and onion, then drain the beans
- Cover the peppers in olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes until they're soft and crispy round the edges
- Start to cook your onions in a tsp olive oil on a medium-low heat. After 5 mins add beans, cumin, tomato puree, 5 tbsp water and as much Tabasco as you dare
- Pre-heat your grill to a high heat and put the peppers on the middle shelf. Butterfly your chicken (make a cut on both sides and pull the sides so they lay flat like an open book
- Coat the chicken in the chipotle and the zest and juice of half the lime
- Cook the chicken on the top shelf for 6 mins on each side
- Take 2/3 of the bean mixture from the pan and mash. Mix the rest of the beans in
- Cut the avocado lengthways
- To serve, cut the chicken lengthways and place on top of the beans. Mix your roasted peppers and serve on the side with your avocado.
We have also teamed up with Hello Fresh to offer you £20 off your first order. Click here www.hellofresh.co.uk/neom20 to see what you could enjoy when you order this week and to redeem your offer.