Welcome to the PLAY ZONE of essential oil blends
Posted by PR Neom
Not just for a Pod or diffuser, our essential oil blends are made to be FUN, and to not just fit into your day but make it better. And when you think outside the box, you might just get some extra benefits you hadn’t thought of… because different oils have different benefits whether you inhale, absorb or boost.
We’re big fans of having a candle or diffuser on the go as we get ready, but you could be boosting your energy (and your PB!) by working essential oil blends into your workout routine.
- Try putting a few drops of Feel Refreshed on your workout mat before you start, to make sure that energising fragrance hits you at the best times.
- Post-workout, put a few drops of Feel Good Vibes in a little cup and place it in the corner of your shower with a little warm water and as the steam builds as you shower you really boost those endorphins.
- No time for a diffuser? Take a few slow, deep breaths straight from your bottle of Focus the Mind, and feel that mental clarity gets just a little bit sharper.
Around the home
Yes, your diffuser collection, Wellbeing Pods and natural scented candles keep your home smelling amazing with wellbeing fragrance. But there are some clever little ways to boost and layer fragrance around your home, that give you little lifts adding up to BIG benefits.
- Apply some of your favourite blend to cotton balls or paper towels, we recommend Tuberose, Cedarwood & Ylang Ylang, and place them inside your wardrobe. You’ll be transported to an incredibly powerful moment, on a deep summer's night, in a lushly scented garden surrounded by intoxicating honey-like sweet and desirable aromas.
- This also works for areas like the cupboard under the sink, or actually any cupboard, and spaces that don’t get much air. Bin smells, be gone!
- Is your home haven covered in cosy throws and cushions? A few drops of de-stressing scent will have you in a cloud of fragrance every time you sit down. Just remember to patch test somewhere discreet.
- For a quick freshen up, put a few drops of an invigorating blend like Grapefruit, Mandarin & Eucalyptus in a spray bottle, fill with water and get misting! Choosing a blend with eucalyptus helps to detoxify the air, making your space feel super fresh..
You might think you’ve seen it all when it comes to essential oils in the bathroom with diffusers, hand balms, body washes and bath foam. BUT here are some clever ways to add that spa experience you love, in your own home.
- Bath tub - bath oils. Adding a few drops of essential oils to your bath water is the super simple way to feel like you’re in a spa in your own bathroom at home..
- Get the mineral benefits of bath salts AND the scent of essential oils by mixing your chosen oils with a carrier oil (like sweet almond), and then combining with the salts in your bath. This ensures everything dissolves nicely in the water, and you get nourished skin, natural goodness absorbed directly, and the aroma that relaxes you.
- No spa-at-home experience is complete without a massage, and using almond oil or cocoa butter to dilute your favourite oils gives you an instant natural lotion that will soak up all the goodness from the oils as you massage it in, sending the relaxation, rejuvenating action directly to your muscles.
The sleep routine - one of our favourite times of the day, and SO important for your wellbeing. There’s loads of tips for creating a kick ass routine of your own on the NEOM blog, but we’ll never say no to an extra boost!
- Drop your favourite sleepy oil on to the cuffs of your pyjamas and bed linen to give that pillow mist even more power. Just remember to patch test first, and then drift off on a cloud of lavender (or chamomile).
- Mix your sleep hero with sweet almond oil, and massage it into your wrists and temples, just as you’re ready to climb into bed.
- Look to reflexology for inspiration - this method says also massage your mix into the inside and on the tops of your ankles, along your spine (if you can enlist a willing partner!) and finally to your feet.