HEAD OF OPERATIONS
NEOM (www.neomorganics.com) is one of the fastest growing and best loved brands in the UK. Founded in 2005 and with offices in London & Harrogate it is still independently owned and run by its two founders, Nicola Elliott & Oliver Mennell. NEOM is on a mission to inspire people to live naturally healthy lives and through providing moments of wellbeing and encouraging people to take small steps that make a big difference is doing just that. The brand is now well established in the UK with strong distribution across digital channels, a growing portfolio of owned retail stores and leading department stores including the likes of Fenwick, Selfridges and John Lewis where they are now opening counters.
The founders recently took backing from the UK’s leading consumer brand focused private equity firm, Piper. Brands they have backed include Monica Vinader, Bloom & Wild and Orlebar Brown which was recently acquired by Chanel. Having been chaired for 7 years by the ex-Chairman of Molton Brown, NEOM have recently brought on Emmanuel Osti, who as Group Managing Director, led L’Occitane from €25m to over €1bn in sales. NEOM are now looking to supercharge their growth and build an international brand.
Head of Operations is a new role within the company as the business continues to evolve and grow to meet the strategic objectives of the Board and develop the opportunities available.
The role will report to the Finance & Operations Director and will support the company in fulfilling its potential and facilitate the growth plans.
It is envisaged that the role will cover demand & supply planning, procurement and quality, full supply chain management and all customer logistics – both wholesale and direct to consumer channels.
This is very much a hands-on, sleeves rolled up position with the person having the self-drive and motivation to exceed with the necessary skills to lead and mentor the team to deliver a first class -operation. Strong systems knowledge is essential, and retailer and Ecommerce experience would be beneficial.
The candidate must have experience in ERP systems, procurement, logistics preferably gained in a personal care or food business working closely with commercial, product development and finance teams. Experience of SME’s whist not vital would be advantageous.
- To help manage the transition to Full-Service Manufacturing during 2020 and thereafter develop the supply base to deliver the strategic objectives of the business.
- To oversee and be responsible for the introduction and development of MRP for the business and away from the spreadsheet/manual approach currently used.
- To oversee and develop our 3PL as a full-service provider of all Neom’s logistics and develop the reporting of all KPI’s to deliver excellence across all channels of distribution.
- To fully review the operational structure of the business and ensure it is robust and has the necessary processes and technology required for the next 3-5 years.
- To take on the overall role of procurement for the business and set in place the infrastructure to minimise lead times reduce Minimum Order Quantities and reduce stock levels to around 8-10 weeks cover.
- Develop a comprehensive monthly forecasting system to provide the foundations for managing the operational requirements of the business.
- To be a key member of the senior management team and contribute to the overall IT strategy for all functions of the business and across all channels of distribution.
- To develop the strategy, implement the structure and processes to make the operations of the business leading class providing flexibility to the commercial demands.
- Be responsible for the reporting of the businesses packaging waste obligations.
- To work with other senior managers and directors to move the business to a more environmentally acceptable level particularly on packaging.
- To develop a sourcing strategy for the business to take advantage of opportunities that will become available during its development.
- To build strong partnerships with core suppliers to underpin the business future success.
Competitive Salary and benefits package, 25 days holiday, pension and healthcare and generous product allowance.