Instant Feel Good Favourites
WE ASKED FIVE WOMEN, ALL IMMERSED IN THE WORLD OF WELLNESS, TO REVEAL THEIR FAVOURITE PICK ME UPS. FROM GLUGGING ON GOOD-FOR-YOU JUICES TO A GENEROUS SPRITZING OF THEIR FAVOURITE SCENT, THIS IS WHAT GETS THEM THROUGH EARLY MORNINGS, LONG DAYS AND LATE NIGHTS…
TESS WARD, AUTHOR OF THE NAKED CHEF
1. Homemade Smoothies are great for keeping me on track as they’re packed with so many nutrients. My favourites are beetroot, blueberry and brazil nut or my Green Hulk Protein Smoothie which contains natural protein powder, almonds and spinach.
What the wonder women of the wellbeing world refuse to start their day without
2. Treats are a necessity, as much for the soul as the tastebuds. At the end of a long, hectic day a gooey chilli chocolate brownie can fix a million problems.
3. A Good Night’s Sleep is a feelgood failsafe. Without it, it makes even the most menial tasks much harder!
4. Energy Bars And Pre-Made Flapjacks are always lurking at the bottom of my bag. My almond and pine nut butter recipe is the perfect thing to snack on when I’m running around town all day.
LILY ROGARTH AND MERYL ZISES, FOUNDERS OF IMBIBERY COLD-PRESSED JUICES
1. Cold-Pressed Juices, shots and mylks are our daily requirement.
2. Dry Body Brushing is a quick and easy way to detoxify the body and get rid of cellulite and we’ve both got into the habit of doing it every morning now.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar is so good on your digestive system. We’ve discovered that it makes a great skin toner as well – who knew!
4. Coconut Oil has so many uses but it makes the best moisturiser ever. Layer it on when you’re having a chill out night on the sofa and you’ll wake up with babysoft skin.
5. Qu Slip On Running Trainers get top marks from both of us. Being active is the key to wellbeing and these are so easy to put on you can get going straight away!
AMANDA BYRAM, TV PRESENTER AND SELF-CONFESSED FITNESS FANATIC
1. Udos Oils are a fantastic unprocessed and undamaged source of vegetarian omega 3 and 6. I believe a healthy gut is a healthy body and mind.
2. Ellement Protein is my own brand of protein powder that I designed specifically for women. Protein is so essential for muscles to get lean and repair themselves after working out and I wanted to educate women everywhere about it.
3. Hot Water And Lemon followed by a green shake made with veggies and a helping of UltraClear Plus pH to aid liver detoxification are the first things to pass my lips every day!
4. Mindbodygreen.Com sends me daily emails about everything health and wellness. It always seems to know what I want on any given day – it’s a good read and way to de-stress.
5. Neom Candles have a constant presence in my living room. They create the perfect setting when you want to relax and have some downtime. I use the Burst of Energy™ Body Wash too.
LUCY BUCKINGHAM, FOUNDER OF LUCY BEE COCONUT OIL
1. Fruit-Infused Water is enough to stop anyone reaching for a fizzy drink. Lime, strawberries and ginger or mint, cucumber and lemon are two of my favourite combos.
2. Exercising Outside feels amazing – the fresh air, beautiful surroundings. I mix jogs with a few TRX sessions. It doesn’t have to be complicated to release those feel good endorphins.
3. Lucy Bee is a no brainer. I use my coconut oil to cook with but as a beauty product too. I use it to take off my make-up, clean my teeth and as a fabulous hair serum or mask.
4. Phones have a bad reputation in the wellness world but since starting Lucy Bee, mine has been so important for my healthy day-to-day wellbeing. I get inspiration and ideas on social media and it continuously keeps me on track.
5. Superfoods like maca, cacao, Lucama, cinnamon and turmeric keep me experimenting in the kitchen. I’m always trying to find new ways to maximise their health benefits.